Sunday, July 14, 2013

Product Rave: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Boy.

Where is the town crier?! I think I may have found my favorite lipstick! I have been eyeing this bad boy (zing!) for a seriously long time (I'm talking years, here), but I've held myself back from purchasing it mainly because I felt the retail price of this product was an unreasonable amount of money to spend on a single lipstick. But this is Chanel, right? 





A few weeks ago, I walked into an airport Duty Free with my best friend, Annie, intending to purchase a few Father's Day gifts. Our eyes lingered on the Puerto Rican rums, then on the large, lovely display of Longchamp bags, and finally rested on the beauty section. In the end, we decided to treat ourselves as well as our dads. 



In the light.

In the shadows.

Boy is a sheer shimmery, pinky nude. It's definitely a "your lips but better" lipstick, but beyond that ridiculous description, it really does add something, dare I say, magical to your make up. Here are some other adjectives I could use to describe the effect of this lipstick: "feminine," "poised," "luxurious," and "coy." Let's also throw in "polished" and "pixie-like." Am I hyping this lipstick up too much? Is it silly to attribute so many great qualities to one measly beauty product? Nope. Not ridiculous. At least, I feel all of these things when I brush Boy across my lips.

Just beautiful!

The Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are "hydrating sheer lipshines" intended to be lightweight while also providing vibrant color. This product also claims to "soften and plump lips for a healthier, fuller appearance." It definitely feels moisturizing and is not heavy at all, but I did not notice a plumping effects on my lips. Not surprisingly, the wear time is not that long since it is so sheer, HOWEVER, I find that I can reapply it multiple times throughout the day and it maintains a fresh look without caking or cracking near the corners of my mouth.


Bare lips. (Goodness, taking "selfies" is embarrassing.)

Boy and me.

I've come to think of Boy as a seriously nice lipstick as well as a good investment. It is really lovely for day time looks, but also subtle enough to pair with bold make up in the evening. Overall, the Rouge Coco Shine collection has some gorgeous shades, and I wouldn't be surprised if I found myself adding a few more of these to my collection in the near future. 

Now go treat yourself to a Chanel lipstick.
V.

Bonus Bits
  • The Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora is finally available online!
  • I started watching HBO's Family Tree. Seriously funny. Chris O'Dowd is incredible and I am such a huge fan of Christopher Guest. Do any of you watch this show?
  • I watched the original Evil Dead (1981, people) last week and I have to say that I can definitely see why it has a place in the Horror movie canon. What gets me is that the plot is so simple and unforgiving: College friends head to a run down cabin in the wilderness to spend the weekend. An age-old curse is unlocked and demon spirits possess them (except for Bruce Campbell). They all inevitably have to die (...except for Bruce Campbell) in order to vanquish the demon spirits. The demon spirits may or may not possess Bruce Campbell in the end. Fin. I grew up in the age of horror movies with serious special effects, but this movie still made me squirm (and laugh) and I can definitely see how this could be SUPER scary to the people of 1981. Also, the chick bopping her head back and forth, with a goofy smile and milky eyes repeating "We're gonna get you!" in her eerie sing-songy voice gave me the creeps.

4 comments:

  1. My love in life is your-lips-but-better colors. I think on me this shade would be too pink to accomplish that, but maybe it could, since it's sheer. What do you think "Boy" can do for your plum-lipped sisters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet lady!! "Your lips but better" colors can be really nice, I just feel like that phrase is so moronic. Am I being too harsh? I think on darker lips, Boy would just appear to gloss a person's mouth up, but if you are looking to try one of the Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks (I recommend the splurge!!) and want to keep it simple I would try the shades Romance or Monte Carlo.

      Delete
  2. Totally not moronic! And I might just be saying that because that phrase is my makeup mantra... so I'm a little biased... but it's basically the whole " no makeup makeup" thing, right? (THAT is a more moronic phrase, I'll allow you that)

    ReplyDelete