Monday, September 23, 2013

I never thought I'd post a candle haul.

Happy Monday!

By a show of mouse clicks, how many of you are candle fiends? I am definitely a sucker for great candles and, more importantly, candle sales. One of my best friends, Alicia, and I went to Bath and Body Works last week (they were having their 2 for $22 sale on 3 wick candles going on) and here is what I snagged!


Cider Donut is just as delicious as it sounds. To be honest, despite the yummy name, I thought I'd hate this candle since I'm not usually into what I call "syrupy" smells (think super cheap, pecan-scented candles) but this one surprised me because the sugary donut scent is perfectly balanced with the savory sweetness of the cider. It's delightful! This gets an A+ from me. I also picked up Lemon Mint Leaf, which smells so clean and delicious, but the glass holder met its sad demise when I dropped it on the floor a mere 24 hours after purchase.


But then I put the candle in this beautiful vase/holder thing my mom found and all was well! 


The mini candles were 3 for $10 so I got Lavender Vanilla (you can never go wrong with lavender, right?!), Blueberry Pumpkin Patch (OH MY GOODNESS this mini candle is so fragrant and makes the room smell like delicious blueberry baked goods! Buy it!), and Harvest Coffee (I'm planning on lighting this one in the mornings in an attempt to further wake myself up. Pavlov would be proud.).

It's officially autumn! Too bad there are no apple orchards in Miami. I guess Facebook photos of other people going apple-picking will just have to hold me over. Thanks in advance for posting these, my Midwestern friends.

Love,
V.

Bonus Bits
  • I have a few other haul posts coming to you soon including polishes, books, and more...
  • I have the Cider Donut candle on as I type and it is just delicious.
  • Xabi is sound asleep in his crate next to my bed and there is something just so sweet about watching puppies sleep.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite candle is their French Baguette one. If I ever find it again I'm buying every single one. It literally makes my mouth water. Do you know if the sale is still going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! French Baguette is awesome! I haven't seen it in a while, but I will keep my eyes open for that one.

      I'm not sure if the 2 for $22 is still going on so I would suggest calling your local store to find out, but on the website the mason jar candles (the medium size) are 2 for $15, which is also a good deal.

      xoxo.

      Delete
  2. I like anything that smells like baked goods. Makes me think that I'm actually making something delicious. I wish I could go on a candle shopping spree. *sigh*It sucks being unemployed.

    ReplyDelete