Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ipsy June + July 2013 Glam Bag Reviews (It's a 2 for 1!)

Ipsy is staying strong with their summer glam bags! Here are my thoughts on the June and July 2013 bags. Better late than never, amiright?

JUNE!
I don't know if it's possible for someone to think the bag isn't completely adorable (leopard print!). Also, this bag seems to be sturdier and better constructed than any previous bag I have received from Ipsy.



NYX Cream Blush in Tea Rose
As I mentioned in my recent post about the Butter London Bespoke Colour Cosmetics Collection, I don't own many cream blushes because I have always felt that powder blush suits my skin type better, but I am rapidly becoming a convert. Tea Rose is a neutral mauvey-pink, with a nice, thin consistency, so it doesn't feel like I am slathering on a thick, creamy product. I do really like the color for a neutral flushed look and I even set it with just a TAD of my Benefit Sugarbomb Box o' Powder to increase the wear time, without altering the color of Tea Rose too much.




Star Looks Lip Liner in Tickle Me Pink
This is a medium pink lip liner that would seriously look good on anyone. I am also surprised at how softly this pencil applies. I didn't experience any tugging at all when I used it. It does, however, have a "pencil" scent that is a little undesirable, but easy to see passed.





Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter
This is the product I was most excited about in the June bag, as I get WAY stoked about "eye brightening" pencils. The greatest part about this pencil is its versatility. You can use it under the brow, a la Benefit's Eye Bright, or in the waterline, a la Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Nude. I was surprised at how soft and creamy this pencil is. It also has a bit of a "pencil" scent so sensitive noses beware!



J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta
Am I underwhelmed? Do I think this is cool? I can't decide! I am not anti-glitter, let me assure you, but I just can't think of an occasion to wear this. Halloween? I tend to gravitate toward glittery things, but usually don't end up wearing them. I found this product very difficult to work with and when I applied each color as a swatch on my arm, the glitter came out patchy. Meh.




J. Cat Beauty Eyelashes in EL503
You know me and my false eyelash hang up, but I am going to try and change this and wear them as soon as possible! I just need an occasion! These lashes appear to be really nice and fluttery, with staggered lash length, perfect for the doll-eyed looks I love. 



Swatches!
L-R: Tea Rose, Tickled Pink, Ivory Lace, & Volta Palette.


July!
I love the hot pink vinyl bag. Just love it. 



Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning and Texturizing Spray
I LOVE a good head of beach hair. This beach spray smells mostly like the beach, but also like jasmine. When I spray this product in my hair, nothing happens much in the way of volume, but it definitely amps up my curls= pattern. Overall, it left my hair with a soft, non-crunchy feel which I love. I am definitely going to invest in the full size of this so that I can have year-round beach waves.




Benefit Benetint
I have surprisingly never owned this! Benetint is a long-lasting sheer rose stain that is meant for lips and cheeks. I am wary about putting this in my cheeks unless I'm using foundation or concealer with really good coverage since I think it would only make redness in my face more noticeable, but I am so stoked to use this as a lip tint!




Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuschia Flirt
I can't get enough of these jumbo lip crayons, my friends. "Pouty Pop Crayon" is a very cute name for a product and I love that this crayon has a scent that is the perfect intensity of peppermint! The color payoff is nice but the name of the shade is misleading, as it is more of a rosy pink than a true fuchsia. This is definitely one of those "chuck in your bag for touch ups" products.





BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sampler
I was very excited about the purple and bronze colors, but the yellow gold looked a bit garish to me. As it turns out, the pigmentation on these was just not good. I had to essentially scrape at the pan to get any real vivid color, especially with the purple and bronze. I think that packaging on this is very cute and I love the California concept, but overall this is not something I would fawn over.



Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tinted Moisturizer
I had not previously heard of this brand, but I was very interested in seeing how this tinted moisturizer performed. The product has a soft clean scent that I actually found very nice and the tint seemed light enough to match my skin. Unfortunately this product provided barely any coverage at all, so I wouldn't see myself reaching for it. The texture, however, was VERY nice. It was smooth and not too dense and was very mattifying when I applied it without over-drying my skin, so I might finish up this sample by using it mainly as a sun screen.




L-R: Benetint, Pouty Pop Crayon, Hollywood, San Francisco, Malibu, & Tinted Moisturizer.

Looking forward to my August glam bag!

Happy Wednesday,
V.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii Victoria! :) I did subscribe to the Ipsy thanks to you introducing it in your previous blog. I actually received both the June and July bags. I love the glam bags, I think its a great way to introduce yourself to new products and they are full size! You really can't beat that for $10! I have tried a few products that I got. I am a little skeptical trying out the J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta...I feel like its a little much for me. I agree with you though my only use is either for Halloween, Christmas maybe, or just give it away to one of my friends. Im also alittle skeptical to try the BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sampler. I really wish I got the Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter, its looks super cute and I am a big fan of highlighting pencils. I also wish I got the Benefit Benetint because I was really interested to try it but I got my sister to subscribe to Ipsy and she happen to get it so I might have to try some with her :P. I really love the Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon, I actually got mine in Coral Crush and I love it. I love the peppermint scent and I love the color since I am a huge coral color lipstick fan. I love everyone of of you blogs. Thanks for adding a new blog soo soon. I can't wait to see the next one you have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my August glam bag shipping notification today so I am super stoked!

      Definitely swap so you get your sister's Benetint! Also, I was definitely lusting after the Coral Crush shade in the pop beauty crayon. Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to make sure you guys know that the glitter palette isn't makeup for your face; it's actually meant to be used for "body art." There was a whole discussion on Ipsy's facebook page when the June bag was released, and they had to add a disclaimer/clarification so that people wouldn't use it in the eye area. Be careful ladies!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see what I am going to get on my August glam bag! :-D !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my August glam bag shipping notification as well! I should be receiving it this week! Super excitedd!! Aurora I'm glad you told me. Regardless I wouldn't find any use for it unless for Holloween. Thanks soo much for letting me know and sorry for the late response.

    ReplyDelete