Monday, May 13, 2013

BB&B + Target Haul!

Hey guys and gals!

Just wanted to share a few things I picked up at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target this past week. Have you tried any of these products before?



Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo, Dark & Deep Brown
This is only the second dry shampoo I have ever tried since I usually give in and just wash my hair instead of letting it go another day, but I am excited to try this out. I am intrigued by the fact that it is tinted, so we'll see if this is miraculous or if it leaves an odd residue. This dry shampoo also come in regular, a hint of color for blondes, and floral scent versions.

Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
I have major t-zone oil, so here's hoping this might curb it? The Shine Control line also includes a pressed powder and a liquid foundation, but I haven't heard too much about their performance one way or another. If you've tried them, then please let me know.

Almay Get Up and Grow Mascara (Waterproof)
This mascara has been majorly popular with many a beauty guru (and also with my mom!). I bought the mascara in the color "Blackest Black" and went with the waterproof version to see if it wears all day long.

Revlon Lip Butters in Sorbet and Juicy Papaya




These shades were Spring releases but I believe they are now part of the permanent Lip Butter collection. I couldn't resist picking both of these up and I love the creamy formula. Both of the colors have no shimmer particles in them which is nice since I find that the ones with shimmer dry out my lips (I tried Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait in the past and did not do too well with those).

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask
I love my Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, but I was curious about trying a different mask that targets clogged pores. This mask has a nice scent that smells like oatmeal, but also has a sweetness to it. Haven't used this yet, but I will let you know when I do.

AND FOR MY NON-BEAUTY ITEM.....



...The Great Gatsby Soundtrack!

Look at the beautiful interior of the CD jacket (I'm generally a fan of the cardboard CD jackets since they're slimmer, sleeker, and use less plastic)! A perfect and haunting image from the book! I definitely respect the authenticity here.



And this, my friends, is a stellar track list. I've listened to the entire bit a couple of times and it gets better every time. I think Baz Luhrmann does a phenomenal job with the music in his movies because he uses creative interpretations of classic tracks (e.g. The Roxanne Tango scene in Moulin Rouge, the entire Moulin Rouge soundtrack...) and he definitely continues this in Gatsby. I mean, where else is it acceptable for people to dance the Charleston to a jazzy/electro version of Will.i.am's "Bang Bang?" There's a good interview from NPR's All Things Considered with Anton Monsted, the movie's co-producer and music supervisor here.




I hope you've enjoyed this mini haul!
xo. V.

Bonus Bits
  • I DID see The Great Gatsby this weekend. Post on that and the make up I wore to the movie coming soon...
  • It's Monday...
  • 19 days until my puppy comes home!
  • Happy (Belated) Mothers' Day to all mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, and fathers who are mothers! I hope you have a lovely day spending time with your precious ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment